MBA Prep / MBA Prep Accelerated
The MBA Prep and Accelerated applications are open!
Deadline for MBAP 2021 - Accelerated (for Fall 2021 MBA start date):
- September 1
Deadlines for MBAP 2022 (Traditional & Accelerated; Fall 2022 MBA start date):
- Round 1: August 30
- Round 2: September 30
- Round 3: October 30
- Official GMAT/GRE Deadline for MBAP 2022: January 15, 2021
Additional deadlines for MBA Prep 2022 - Accelerated TBA.
MBA Prep Eligibility Criteria
- Ethnicity: Identification as African American/Black, Latinx/Hispanic, and/or Native American
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident or DACA participant
- Academic Achievement: Bachelor’s degree required; those with strong academic standing are encouraged to apply
- Work Experience: At least one year of post-undergraduate work experience is required to apply. If you have less than one year of work experience, please sign up below to receive early notice about opportunities for next year’s program
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership experience through community involvement, participation with community service organizations, academic organizations or professional/ work associations
Additional GMAT and GRE Score Criteria and Notifications:
The MBAP Traditional program requires all applicants to submit an official GMAT score of 500+ or the equivalent on the GRE. The middle 80% range for the most recent class is 570 – 700.
Note: Candidates are encouraged to submit an official exam score with their application that has been taken after January 1, 2017. However, candidates may submit their applications without an exam score for an initial review. Applicants who are selected to move forward will be required to submit an official GMAT or GRE test score before any admissions offer can be finalized.
Additional Accelerated Participation Criteria and Notifications:
- OFFICIAL GMAT Score of 680+
- 3.3+ GPA
- Plans to apply to business school in Round 1 of Fall 2020
- 3 to 5 years of work experience
COVID-19 and Official Exam Update:
In light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, MLT is modifying the Official GMAT/GRE exam policy for the current MBA Prep Accelerated application cycle.
If the GMAT or GRE testing center near you is closed due to COVID-19, you can determine whether there is another nearby center at which you would be comfortable sitting for the exam. If not, you can apply for MBA Prep Accelerated with an Official GMAT/GRE practice test developed by GMAC or ETS.
MLT will require all applicants who submit an application by July 15th with an official practice test to also submit an official GMAT/GRE exam score by 11:59 pm PST on July 15th, 2020. If you submit an application post-July 15th, 2020, you will be required to submit an official GMAT/GRE exam score report with your application.
About MBA Prep
MLT’s MBA Prep programs provide African American, Latino, and Native American professionals with personalized guidance and effective tools to successfully navigate the business school application process, and optimize their MBA experience. MBA Prep includes:
- Personalized coaching to develop a winning game plan for admission
- Access to top MBA program admissions officers at three seminars that are hosted by our business school and corporate partners
- Deep experience and knowledge to cultivate personal clarity and help fellows identify which schools are the best fit
- A network of high-performing peers in the MLT community
GRE Test Takers: Use the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools to get your predicted GMAT Total score (for comparison purposes only)